Welcome to My Living Room

May 17, 2011

Worn S/S cardigan and bead necklace: Banana Republic (old), dress: thrifted via Value Village, probably started life as a swim cover-up, cork wedges: Payless.

Details Pardon the silly photographs today.  I had to take these indoors on one of the most gorgeous days of the spring due to my lack of husband helper (at night class) or tripod (I seriously need one…)  I originally had this dress paired with periwinkle ruffly heels, two silver necklaces layered together and the ivory LOFT cardigan I wore yesterday, but then I quickly had a change of heart.  I thought the vintage vibe and whimsy of this necklace called for some more bold color and accessories to make this somewhat silly dress more fun.

11 Responses to Welcome to My Living Room

1. Amber Lena says:

Ok, you must tell us the story of the picture behind the couch! I love wearing swim suit cover ups as dresses!

• Lindsay says:

The painting is massive… I think it’s 4’x5′ and was actually too big to transport in my Volkswagen. It’s an oil painting on board by Spokane artist and professor of painting at the Whitworth University School of Art, Stephen Rue. The painting was his master’s thesis and depicts him drawing on a sketchpad while sitting on a stool in his bathroom. His then wife is depicted Ophelia-like in the tub. They are now divorced, which is why I think he put this painting up for auction. We were lucky enough to purchase it last year and it’s one of our favorites in our collection.

Long story. Yikes, sorry!

2. Hello living room! I’m loving your gorgeous throw pillows. I’m all about the chevron print at the moment. And your outfit is fantastic, love the dress/cover up… the fish are seriously adorable… as always you’ve styled it beautifully. xx veronika

3. Andrea says:

You have (again!) styled that dress that I would have never in a million years picked up in a way that makes me want it so badly! Bravo, ma’am :)

I agree with the previous two commenters, too. Loving your pillows and what is the story with that painting!?

4. Lydia says:

I actually didn’t even notice the painting until reading the other comments (I guess I was too distracted by that cute dress of yours!) but I love it!

5. Sarah says:

I love your shoes. They look like a zebra print.

6. Lyddiegal says:

hehe, your fishy dress is so cute, and i see those zig zag pillows back there – they look great!

7. Rlutz says:

Such a great dress…love the fishies! Very cool rug!

8. Pingback: Best of Lindsay Living: May 2011 — lindsay living