Welcome to My Living Room

May 18, 2011

May 17, 2011

Worn S/S cardigan and bead necklace: Banana Republic (old), dress: thrifted via Value Village, probably started life as a swim cover-up, cork wedges: Payless.

Details Pardon the silly photographs today.  I had to take these indoors on one of the most gorgeous days of the spring due to my lack of husband helper (at night class) or tripod (I seriously need one…)  I originally had this dress paired with periwinkle ruffly heels, two silver necklaces layered together and the ivory LOFT cardigan I wore yesterday, but then I quickly had a change of heart.  I thought the vintage vibe and whimsy of this necklace called for some more bold color and accessories to make this somewhat silly dress more fun.

Twitter Facebook

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Amber Lena May 18, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Ok, you must tell us the story of the picture behind the couch! I love wearing swim suit cover ups as dresses!

2 Lindsay May 18, 2011 at 10:00 pm

The painting is massive… I think it’s 4′x5′ and was actually too big to transport in my Volkswagen. It’s an oil painting on board by Spokane artist and professor of painting at the Whitworth University School of Art, Stephen Rue. The painting was his master’s thesis and depicts him drawing on a sketchpad while sitting on a stool in his bathroom. His then wife is depicted Ophelia-like in the tub. They are now divorced, which is why I think he put this painting up for auction. We were lucky enough to purchase it last year and it’s one of our favorites in our collection.

Long story. Yikes, sorry!

3 Girl & Closet (Veronika) May 18, 2011 at 8:43 pm

Hello living room! I’m loving your gorgeous throw pillows. I’m all about the chevron print at the moment. And your outfit is fantastic, love the dress/cover up… the fish are seriously adorable… as always you’ve styled it beautifully. xx veronika

4 Lindsay May 18, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Haha! Thank you! I love a good Chevron as well. Thanks for your lovely compliments ;)

5 Andrea May 18, 2011 at 9:12 pm

You have (again!) styled that dress that I would have never in a million years picked up in a way that makes me want it so badly! Bravo, ma’am :)

I agree with the previous two commenters, too. Loving your pillows and what is the story with that painting!?

6 Lindsay May 18, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Gee, thanks! I just answered the painting question as a reply to Amber Lena’s Q, so please zip back and read all about it. ;)

7 Lydia May 18, 2011 at 11:20 pm

I actually didn’t even notice the painting until reading the other comments (I guess I was too distracted by that cute dress of yours!) but I love it!

8 Sarah May 19, 2011 at 8:37 am

I love your shoes. They look like a zebra print.

9 Lyddiegal May 19, 2011 at 1:38 pm

hehe, your fishy dress is so cute, and i see those zig zag pillows back there – they look great!

10 Rlutz May 19, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Such a great dress…love the fishies! Very cool rug!

Previous post: