I love fall fashion. It’s truly the best. Fall is a great time to get out and find all those staples that will carry your wardrobe season to season. It’s also a great time pick up a huge fall fashion mega-issue of your favorite magazine and see what’s on the style horizon. Since my birthday falls in mid-August, I’m about to start school, and all the stores are filled with fresh new fall looks, this is the perfect trifecta for updating my closet for the new year. Here’s what I picked up…
01. Madewell Anywhere Dress I was just talking with Bri yesterday about how I haven’t had an LBD in years and years. I generally have a hard time buying the staples of many wardrobes like black pants, black skirts, and black dresses. I’m a color and print lover, a mixer-matcher, and black just doesn’t usually call to me. While looking for a dress to wear to a friend’s wedding earlier this month I found this little number, the perfect LGD (little green dress). The fabric has a little stretch but is structured and super flattering. I think I’ll wear this one a million ways.
02. Roland Mouret for Banana Republic Colorblock Crew Sweater I’ve been on the hunt for shorter tops that are cropped right at the natural waist that I can put over dresses or wear effortlessly with skirts. I’m not the hugest fan of layering and tucking things in because I often feel like I lose some of my shape in the waist when I do that. A cropped sweater like this one, especially with the wide black waistband, is easy to throw on with any skirt and it actually defines my waist. Love!
03. Banana Republic Box Pleat Skirt in Red Rhine This was the first piece I fell in love with from the fall offerings at BR. I have loved this burgundy wine color the last few fall seasons and this skirt is the absolute perfect cut for me. Pleats give interest but box pleats don’t add bulk at the hip. It’s got a structured waistband but is flowy and sweet. It’s not too long, just the right length. It’s my new favorite skirt.
04. Ann Taylor Gallery Pyramid Pendant I love a good pendant necklace. They go with everything and I love the tortoise detail on this one. Side note, if you’re in the Seattle area, the new Ann Taylor shop in University Village is beautiful. I haven’t ever really shopped regular Ann Taylor (except one black dress I bought back in 2000 for sorority rush at UW) but I will totally add this one to my rotation. Everything in there was gorgeous.
05. Banana Republic Box Pleat Skirt in Black …I love that burgundy skirt so much I had to buy it in black. I haven’t had a black skirt I’ve loved in a long time. Yay!
06. Banana Republic Long Sleeve Mini-Stripe Tee I have an older version of this tee from BR that’s too big, but so cute and comfy. This is a great update to that old one, has a great fit, and the fabric is so soft! I can wear this with jeans, under a dress, or knotted at the waist with a skirt. Genius.
I’m working on a holes in my closet list and I feel with these latest acquisitions I’ve checked off a few. Definitely with #1 and #5. What are you looking for this season?