2. Visit OMSI | While a science museum might seem like it is targeted at kids, I think it is still fun as an adult. Nab a niece, nephew or neighbor’s kid if you feel embarrassed to go on your own.
3. Grab a beer at Hair of the Dog Brewery | This little brewery is in an unassuming pocket of town, right off the I-5. Don’t blink or you’ll miss it. The beer is brewed in small batches and is served in adorable tasting glasses.
Want the rest of the list? Read on…
4. Shop the Saturday Market | This ridiculously huge flea market has helped me find funky jewelry, delicious smelling candles and reasonably priced art.
5. Eat brunch at Tasty ‘n Sons | Their morning drink menu is very creative and everything is delicious. My favorite is Erin’s Sweet Biscuits with fresh berries. Although the wait might be long, they will call you when your table is ready, so feel free to hit the shops in this cute northeast neighborhood.
6. Drink a ginger ale at Cassidy’s | As you walk inside you probably won’t be very impressed, but set those feeling aside and order a house made ginger ale. On my last trip I may or may not have hit the restaurant twice, just so I could have more ginger ale. Five glasses to be exact. I have no shame, this stuff is liquid crack and I’ve recreated it at home so I can get my fix until I’m back in Portland again.
7. Smell the roses at the International Rose Test Garden | Roses are beautiful, need I say more?
8. Grab a quick bite from a food cart | Portland has a large population of food carts, so whatever you’re in the mood for you’ll find.
9. Take a day trip to Woodburn | A short hour jaunt south you’ll find the Woodburn Factory Stores, but take the first exit, because their won’t be another – Woodburn is small! Among the stores are some of my favorites: Banana Republic, J. Crew, North Face, Coach, Loft and Cole Haan.
10. Walk around downtown | Portland just has this magical aura about it, and on the rare sunny day I like to walk around with no particular destination in mind. Just make sure you look both ways before crossing the street, I don’t want you to be hit by a biker.