bag, BR | gold ballet flats, BR | white studded sandals, Steve Madden | silk printed scarf, purchased in India | striped dress, BR | t-shirt necklace, Moses Lake Farmer’s Market | striped t-shirt, LOFT | denim jacket, Levi’s | khaki shorts, BR | red anchor print sleeveless blouse, BR | blue skinny jeans, Hudson
Today I’m linking up with Jacqueline of Just Jacq to share some of my best packing tips. This summer I’m really working on sticking to a budget and saving a little moolah. I’m even working a summer job to earn some extra cash. That said, I’m not doing nearly as much traveling as I did last summer. Monday and Tuesday I’ll be taking one of my few getaways this summer to Portland with some of my teacher friends from school. To pack for this quick and fun overnight I decided to keep my packing light and simple. Here are some of my tried and true packing tips for your adventures this summer…
- Pack all clothing and accessories in a coordinating color scheme. Try to stick to about three basic colors in various shades that will all mix and match. That way you’ll be able to put together lots of different outfits from just a few pieces of clothing.
- Map out activities and events so you have a put together look for each thing you plan to do. Although you’re outfits mix and match, make sure you have the right style of clothing for whatever you’re doing albeit casual, dressy or even formal.
- Check the weather report for all the days you’ll be at your destination and pack accordingly. You’ll want to be prepared with an umbrella and raincoat or sunglasses and a bikini weather permitting. Make sure you know what to expect.
- Try on all outfits ahead of time so that you can be sure they’ll be cute and comfortable. Nothing’s worse than thinking something will work only to find it doesn’t five minutes before you have to be somewhere.
- Remember to pack cute and comfy flats. Even if you’re a heels girl like me, chances are you’ll be doing a lot of walking on your vacation regardless of where you’re visiting. Even heels you wear everyday may become unbearable in a travel situation. Be prepared for anything with some cute and comfy flats. I always pack my Banana Republic Ashley flats no matter what season I’m traveling in. I even took a pair to India. Cute flat sandals can also feel like a great dressy alternative to heels.
I hope you have a great time on all your adventures this summer! Don’t forget to check out the rest of the packing tips today at Just Jacq. Have any brilliant packing tips of your own? Please share in the comments below!