You trust and depend on your child’s teacher each and every day, and this season you want to show them a little extra appreciation, but finding the perfect gift can be tough! To make things easier, I put together a quick list of some of my favorite teacher gift ideas. I’ve gotten a lot of lovely gifts from families and students over the years and although chocolates, teacher-themed holiday ornaments, and pencil/crayon/other school supply laden Pinterest creations were well intended, the items on this list are truly a few of my favorite things.
- Vera Bradley Insulated Lunch Bag | A teacher’s day is crazy busy from sunrise to sunset, and we all have to bring our own lunches from home everyday, unlike the rest of the working world. Why not help your child’s teacher carry their lunch in style with a gorgeous lunch bag from Vera Bradley.
- Starbucks Tumbler & Gift Card | Assuming you know your child’s teacher loves coffee, tea, or frappuccinos, this is a pretty fail-safe gift. Tuck a gift card inside of one of their adorable ceramic tumblers to suit their taste. My coworker recently received this watercolor hearts version from a family and was overjoyed!
- Vera Bradley Lanyard | We have to wear our badges and keys on us at all times while at school, and finding a cute and functional lanyard can be tough. I’ve tried several but the one from Vera Bradley is by far my favorite. I’ve been noticing them popping up all around school, too. Definitely a good gift and one your child’s teacher will enjoy everyday.
- Erin Condren Teacher Planner | Most teachers already have a planner on day 1, but there’s something lovely about starting fresh in January after the break. Especially if you had an Erin Condren planner to look forward to! This is definitely a much more spendy option, but it’s a serious treat for any teacher. Erin Condren makes lovely thoughtful planners with teachers in mind and it shows in every detail. I have enjoyed her planners so much. A splurge, but a great way to say thanks if you have a special relationship with your child’s teacher and it’s in your budget.
- Mr. Sketch Scented Markers | They aren’t just for kids anymore! As a teacher I make a million anchor charts (posters) to display our learning all around the room for children to refer back to during a unit of study. I’ve tried many different markers, but these are long-lasting, bold, and smell great! Plus, a super affordable gift that will make any teacher smile.
- Gift Cards | If you’re not sure what to get, you can’t go wrong with a gift card. Choose someplace you know your child’s teacher will have lots of options. Target is perfect because there’s tons of things for school and life there. Everyone can find something at Target. If your child’s teacher needs specific supplies or is new to the profession, a gift card to the local teacher store (my local store is Lakeshore Learning which is a national chain) will go a long way.
Have fun spreading the joy this season, everyone!