I’ll be on the road again this weekend, heading over to Spokane for the Women Helping Women Fund annual luncheon. My mother is the big cheese in charge and I can’t wait to meet this year’s amazing speaker! You’ll have to come back next week to see some photos and hear who it is. Hint: eighties babies will thrill!
A couple weeks ago we talked about our inspiration when it comes to blogging and so many people said that other fashion bloggers are a huge inspiration. Katy was interested to hear about other factors that influence our style choices. Without further ado, here are my answers to this week’s Friend Friday questions.
1. What magazines do you subscribe to? I subscribe to a few… InStyle is my favorite, I am a huge Oprah fan so O Magazine is a must, and I also love the fashion photography and ideas in Harper’s Bazaar. In the past I’ve subscribed to everything from Vogue and W to my beloved Domino who is no more. I still have a few of the old issues saved though, for handy reference.
2. Do you watch any fashion TV shows? Not so much these days, but I used to watch a fair amount of What Not to Wear. I love both versions, but my favorite is BBC’s version with the fabulous Trinny and Susannah. They are style goddesses with such down to earth advice for understanding your shape and how to dress to look your very best. For them style is all about a flattering shape and fit and I am SO with them on that. Once you understand what shapes work and which shapes don’t you start to see your body in a whole new light, no matter where you are on your physical goals.
3. Beyond blogs, what websites do you frequent for fashion inspiration? I have to say I really don’t! The time I spend on the web really zips between teacher websites, social media like facebook and twitter, and style blogs.
4. Advertisements play a huge role in forming public opinion about a product or brand… What ads do you like and why? Hands down, Kate Spade. Every ad her company puts out is so visually exciting and inspiring. Although I’ve yet to purchase a single item, I long to pick up one of her adorable vintage inspired dresses for the next dressy event in my life. There’s a summer wedding I’ll be attending in August that may require a little KS.
5. Do you own any fashion books? I used to have bunches more, but after the big moving purge of 2010 I am down to just these four: What You Wear Can Change Your Life by Trinny Woodall and Susannah Constantine, Dress Your Best by Clinton Kelly and Stacy London, and The Lucky Shopping Manual by the editors of Lucky Magazine, and Get the Look by Mark Heyes. I would highly recommend all of them.
Friend Friday is a group that allows fashion and beauty bloggers to get to know each other and to share their thoughts and opinions on different topics. For more information or to join us, please visit ModlyChic. You can read all of my fellow bloggers’ answers as well as Katy’s answers to these questions here.