April 19, 2012
Details Last week was an insane week, to say the least. Thank heaven for a few blessings that made up for it:
- being nominated for an Outstanding Educator award at my school and an adorable quote from a parent letter that nearly made me cry
- a simple outfit on a casual Friday at work
- a lovely dinner out with husband to one of my favorite Indian restaurants down the block
- a lager named after one of the greatest wonders of the world
- 72 degrees and sunny all weekend long
- bare legs in April…in Seattle…this is nearly unheard of, people!
- Record Store Day on Saturday at my favorite neighborhood haunt
- a new album which I’m officially obsessed with
- being invited to a fabulous store opening for which they really rolled out the red carpet (more to come on next week’s Style File column)
- a lovely friend who was willing keep me company all the way to Bellevue and back for said store opening
- getting my shoes swapped out for springtime outfits
- feeling productive on a Sunday and still managing to watch Mad Men
Here’s hoping for a splendid week this week to continue to make up for the crazy that was last week.