As July zips into its last week I can’t help but relish in the laziness that is summer. Although I’ve been working as the site coordinator of summer school I’ve had plenty of free time to do with as I choose. I’ve written on this blog about how idle time can make me feel uneasy, like I should be doing something productive with myself. I’ve never been a napper, am hard-pressed to find time for crafts, and usually find it difficult to let go and spend hours on a good book or TV show. This summer, however, I’ve made a few lazy day goals…
- Watch as many John Singleton movies as I can (currently watching Boyz in the Hood)
- Read at least one really good book (there’s a few I started awhile back that I should probably finish)
- Read at least one really good teaching book (that I’ve been wanting to read for years but never got around to)
- Take naps without guilt (so far so good)
- Spent at least 5 good days out on the beach (1 down)
- Go on at least two camping trips (1 down)
In celebration of a little summer laziness I finally jumped into a pair of sweats-inspired pants from J.Crew. I bought them on clearance and I must say they are a beautiful color and oh so comfortable! Why did I wait so long to embrace this trend? They’re a great weight and feel like super comfy dress pants. I think they’ll transition into my fall work wardrobe well. Do you have a pair? I’d love to see how you styled them so please drop a link in the comments.