Hey all….I’m sorry if I’ve been a little MIA this week. I’m in the process of making changes to the blog and it’s been super time consuming. I promise I’ll begin updating you more this weekend, but read on for some advanced news about some cool new stuff here at lindsay living.
Today’s topic is about all of the technology used in the making of a fashion blog (or any blog for that matter)….
1. What technology do you use in blogging? (computer, camera, video
camera, tripod, etc…) I use my MacBook Pro (a 13” little guy), my Canon Powershot SX30IS to take my pictures, usually a tripod to take my own photos unless my husband and I are kickin’ around and I can get him to take the pictures. I edit all of my photos using iPhoto because I don’t know the first thing about Photoshop although I’d love to learn.
2. What computer and online technology do you use? (blogging system,
photo storage, photo editing tools, etc..) Right now I’m blogging on tumblr, but BIG NEWS, I’m in the process of moving over to WordPress via my own domain which you can check out now (although be prepared….it’s still under construction and comments are currently disabled) at http://lindsayliving.com. As far as online storage, I’ve got a http://www.flickr.com account which I never use and I’ve looked into using online editing, for now am satisfied with how quickly I can do what I want in iPhoto.
3. What is your process for taking pictures? I usually close the big curtain in my bedroom and put the camera on the tripod and shoot away. I don’t have a remote so I use the 10 second timer. It works great and 10 seconds is surprisingly plenty of time to get in position. It’s actually kinda fun.
4. When it comes to backdrops for your photos what do you consider? Do
you scout locations or shoot the same spot daily? I have never ventured outside with my tripod because I’m terrified of looking soooo silly. I hope I get some more confidence about that soon because I know it will really make the pictures more interesting. If Matthew is along for the ride we usually trek out into the world and find a good spot with an interesting background. I have a thing for record stores, brick walls and graffiti.
5. If you could splurge and get one new piece of equipment what would
you be buying? I love love love my camera but I am obsessed with cameras. Plus I’m all about Canon. I would love to splurge on a Canon Rebel Xsi or (the big splurge) a Canon 7D. I also would love to have one of those huge iMacs at home to work on the blog on because you can see everything so big and it makes editing easier.
Happy Friday everyone!